mcvaMcLean, Virginia

The Fountains at McLean were converted to condominium units in 2003 by Crescent Heights developers. Many units had extensive internal remodeling by the developer with granite countertops, wood floors, new carpeting, new appliances, and cabinets.

The McLean community received its name from John Roll McLean, the former publisher and owner of The Washington Post, who, with Stephen Benton Elkins and French aristocrat Jean-Pierre Guenard, built in 1906 the electrified Great Falls and Old Dominion Railway (later the Washington and Old Dominion Railway), which connected the area with Washington, D.C. McLean named a railroad station costing $1,500, of which $500 was raised locally, after himself where the rail line (traveling on the present route of Old Dominion Drive) crossed the old Chain Bridge Road.[6]The community itself was founded in 1910, when the communities of Lewinsville and Langley merged.